The Foundation has begun hurricane preparations and will continue to monitor Hurricane Irma’s path. Collier County residents are encouraged to be proactive and make a plan. This also includes voluntary evacuation although the County has not implemented mandatory evacuations at this time.
We encourage all members to use www.colliergov.net , www.colliersheriff.org, www.Collier72.org or other national official websites like www.nhc.noaa.gov , www.ready.gov to find information on how to prepare for the hurricane.
While we are currently in a State of Emergency, the Foundation is continuing to take precautionary measures. We will cease operations this evening and will be closed through Sunday, September 10. At this time, we are tentatively scheduled to reopen Monday, September 11, pending weather conditions.
Staff will continue to be on site to secure equipment and close down Foundation buildings and operations which include the Commons Building, Community Center, tennis facilities, fitness facilities, both restaurants and beach facilities with enough time for staff to secure their own homes, etc. (Collier County Public School District has also closed schools for Thursday and Friday and some are in preparation for shelter conversion.)
The Foundation closure will affect the following:
- Member/Guest Services: No guest card request orders for the aforementioned dates
- Tennis pro shops / courts closed (No court play. Nets will be down.)
- Fitness & Wellness appointments and classes are canceled
- Trams will be secured off-site
- Staff, including security, will not be present at the beach, restaurants and tram stations
- Marker 36 parking lot remains closed
- It’s also important to note that the Clam Pass Parking Lot is closed for construction. However, if members need to remove or secure their kayaks currently in storage, there is limited access to do so.
We will continue to monitor and produce any new updates via e-newsletter, website and push notifications pending the availability of internet service.